I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Before You Prepare your Suitcase, Prepare Your Heart

Our team is getting so excited and we are nearing our departure to Monte Cristi, DR on April 7th.  I have several lists and plenty left to prepare and pack before we leave.   It feels good to gather items and then place a check on the list!

At the very top of my list is "prepare my heart" for this trip.    This is a hard one and it takes time.  How do I know when I've accomplished this task?  When should I check this one off?   As time ticks away, I'm realizing that this is by far the most important thing I should be doing in order to prepare. 

I am not only going into another culture to talk about Jesus; I am planning to be Christ to the people I meet. The people in the DR will associate my behavior, attitude and character with that of Jesus. It is not enough to talk about Christ; I need to imitate Him.   This takes time; it’s not something I can cram for the week before I leave. It takes discipline and a willingness to allow the Holy Spirit to search my heart and shape me into the image of Christ.   I am so grateful that  His strength is sufficient to meet every need I have, however deep, however immediate.   Zechariah 4:6 “Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,” says the Lord Almighty.” 

I am so amazed that God chooses such ordinary people to serve in His name.   What glorious team of women God has assembled!  

Now off to the most important task...preparing my heart and spending time with Jesus.  

Renueveme

No comments: