I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's just that simple...

Well, I am a few days back into the reality of life, after serving a week-long mission trip in Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic.  This was my 5th trip to the DR over the past 2 1/2 years. 

I took some time revisit my post in October when I had returned from my 4th trip to the DR.  I have to say that this time feels differently.  While I miss my DR friends and church family tremendously, I have a sense of peace and joy unlike before.   My passion to serve Christ in Monte Cristi remains the same.  It indeed grows with each trip and I thank our God for this blessed gift and call upon my life.   However, the inward discontent and uncertainty that often accompanies my return is surprisingly different.   My usual return is filled with questions for God.  Questions like:  Lord, what is it that you want me to do for you?   Where are you calling me to serve?   Am I where you want me to  be?      While these are questions many of us have asked from time to time, we often complicate the call.      Love all.  Serve all.  It's just that simple.   That's what I'm hearing from God.   If I feel most used by God in the DR, and I am sure that the gifts and talents He has given are best used in the DR, I need to ask myself the question, "why is that?"      Why am I not serving God in the same way here?  The theme of obedience to God came up several times throughout the week in the DR during the church services preached in Spanish.    It is amazing how God can and will speak through whomever He chooses. Even in another language, God can speak deeply to us.  The greatest commandment is to love God with all our heart and strength. But implicit in that love is obedience. Genuine love for God works out in strict obedience to God. I have a passion to do the perfect will of God. I hope I never lose it. I count it a great gift, one to be highly desired and sought after.   This time, God is asking me some questions.  Why not, here?   Why not be obedient to my promptings right here and right now?   OBEY ME.   FOLLOW ME.  LOVE ALL.  SERVE ALL...here, there and everywhere.    It's just that simple.   Gloria a Dios.  

No comments: