I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

I decided to step it up a bit this morning and try a walk/run combination. My goal was to accomplish more benefit from my exercise routine in a shorter amount of time and then head to my office to finish a few details for Sunday. Well, as the saying goes from the poem, To a Mouse by Robert Burns, "the best laid plans of mice and men."


Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!
Plain and simply stated:
But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!


I headed out the door with my cell phone, iPod all set with my Spanish Lessons, and with the determination to get into some serious shape! Everything was going wonderfully. I was repeating Spanish phrases and running at the time same. What an accomplishment, this is exactly what I had planned. I stopped for just a moment and felt incredible pain in my shins. I was able to rest on a bench under a tree in a town home community nearby. I was massaging my legs and hoping that I would be able to stand back up and make the walk back home. Suddenly, it hit me. Forget the plans because God is begging to meet with me right here, right now. My little section of the world became a sanctuary. How beautiful, I thought to myself. I began to sense the presence of God with me. I noticed the aged bark of tree and basked in the goodness of a God who is my strong tower and how he has been faithful through the ages. A yellow butterfly passed by with such grace and beauty. I was reminded of the new life I have in Christ and how grateful I am for His continual transformation of my life. I was overwhelmed with promised joy. I am thankful that God stopped me and even thankful for the pain in my shins. After I enjoyed this time with my God for a while, I continued on way home. My run/walk combination became a steady walk. "Just a closer walk with thee." I noticed my creator and spent the remainder of my time with Him. I found Him everywhere I set my gaze. I clicked a few photos with my phone so that I will never forget my encounter with the Living God on bench, in the middle of a town home community, on an ordinary Friday morning. My plans for the rest of the day are as follows: chase hard after Christ, knowing full well that all else needed will be given to me.  Have a blessed weekend friends.

No comments: