I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Dusk and Dawn

Do you have a favorite time of day?  Usually we are asked the question, "are you a morning person or a night person?"  I most confidently respond that I am a night person, when asked.  Strange to some, I become more thoughtful and productive at night.  My imagination comes to life and can more effectively plan or problem solve at night.  Yet, my favorite time of day is not night, nor is it the day.  It is the place that falls just between the two.  I am completely enamored with dusk and dawn.  The place where the two, day and night, seem to meet for just a short time.   

It is a chilly Fall night here in Maryland   I'm wrapped in blanket sitting outside enjoying the dusk.  The moon is brightly shining, giving light to the pink and blue sky.  Birds are still active from my backyard view, while the sounds of crickets join with their chirping.  Night and day are joining together for a brief time to create a evening symphony.

Sabbath day for me is coming to a close.  I want to cling to this day and linger here, yet it will soon pass away and become night. Dusk and dawn only last for a very short time.   For now, I am caught up in the wonder of creation and the wonder of my Creator who made it all.  Majestic is His name.  A holy moment, right here, in my backyard.   Breathing in the cool night air, I feel refreshed.   The scent of refreshment in one's soul cannot be replicated.   You can't buy the fragrance in a room spray.  I breathe deeply, in and out, noticing the smell in the air.  The smell of Fall mixed with the aroma of chicken cacciatore wafting from my kitchen is to be savored.   May the sounds and smells of tonight connect to many more holy moments and invitations from God.

The moon is high, the pink has dissipated and sight of the backyard grows dim.   It is time for the two to depart and go their separate ways until dawn.  Thank you, God, for today's Sabbath.  Grant me rest for the night and a willing spirit to greet the day with energy to serve your calling.

Day has passed to night.  God's faithfulness can be seen again.






No comments: