I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

On Mission



February 15, 2012     Hola family and friends,  One of the many blessings in the Krichton home is our opportunity to minister and serve the people in Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic.   Our entire family partners with the mission in various ways, through prayers, relationships, encouragement, financial support, and by supporting me (the wife and mom) to go.  God has placed an incredible love in our hearts for the people of Monte Cristi.  With great joy, I share that once again, I will be co-leading a team and following God to the Dominican Republic April, 2012.  This will be my 7th mission trip to the Dominican Republic and I am thrilled to lead a team of 6 men and 3 women who will serve together from April 20th through the 28h.

The area we visit and serve is a short distance from the Haitian border.  God used this trip to open my eyes wide open to not only the needs in the impoverished area of Monte Cristi, but to the needs all around the world.   There are needs all around us and God is calling each one of us to be His hands and His feet.

I am writing this letter to share with you an opportunity to partner with me once again.  Mountain Christian Church has a long standing relationship with the residents, missionaries and with many of the churches in the Monte Cristi area.   Many on this team, including myself, are returning to this area because of the love the Lord has placed in our hearts for the people of this country.  I am asking you to be a part of this mission team by supporting me in a few ways. Our trip will take place from April 20th through April 28th.   The scope of our mission will include outreach in the community to men, women and children, neighborhood evangelism, and church worship services.   Of course, we will diligently plan, but we will remain open to whatever God calls this team to do while on the mission field. 

First and foremost, I would ask you to pray
for the people of the Dominican Republic.   There are some strong and faithful followers of Christ there, but they struggle in many ways because of the limited resources.  There are also many in the area who are living without the knowledge of Jesus Christ, and what He did for us all.  Secondly, I would also ask that you pray for safety and guidance for our team as we seek opportunities to serve and reach the community.   Please also pray for our families we will leave behind while we are on the field.

Lastly, I would ask you to prayerfully consider partnering by providing financial support.  Each of us will need to raise $1,200 in support to enable this mission trip to happen. I am confident in our Lord’s provision for all things! Each trip is funded through partnerships with special folks like you, who may feel the call to support and enable an ordinary person like me to be used by Jesus.    A trip like this cannot happen without your prayers and support.  I have enclosed a form with information and options to make your giving and support easier.  We would appreciate your support no later than February 29th, however, if you would like to send support after that date, we would greatly appreciate it as well.  

Thank you for taking the time read this letter. Thank you for your past support.  Thank you for the privilege to know you.    I pray that you will share my passion to reach the people of Monte Cristi with the love of Christ.   I also pray for you, that your faith will grow, and that you will experience God’s blessing as you open your hearts to Him.  

Love and Peace,                                                                                              
Jenny Krichton
Enclosure – support remittance

________________________________________________________________________________________________________





MOUNTAIN CHRISTIAN CHURCH    
SHORT TERM MISSION TRIP TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (DR)


We/I, ____________________________________, commit to supporting Jenny Krichton and the April 2012 Missions Team to the Dominican Republic by:

___ Praying for the team as they prepare for the trip and throughout the trip.

___ Praying for the people of the Dominican Republic and family members remaining in Maryland.

___ Contributing financially to support the trip.

Name __________________________________

Address____________________________________________________

              ____________________________________________________

E-mail__________________________________

_____Please check here if you would like to receive a tax receipt for your donation.

Please make checks payable to Mountain Christian Church and mail your donation along with this form to the address below.  Please note DR - STM Jenny Krichton, on the memo line of your check.
Mountain Christian Church
ATTN:  DR - STM:  Jenny Krichton
1824 Mountain Road
Joppa, MD  21085

You may also give online by going to www.mountainchristian.org

·         Go to “online giving” at the top right on the home page
·         Click on the picture “Save time give online”
·         Go to #3 “short term mission trips” and check the box
·         Type in your donation amount
In the "please specify trip box" put STM - DR - Jenny Krichton

Your receipt will be sent via mail or e-mail depending upon how you donate. 

No comments: