I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Friday, February 5, 2010

I'd Stop the World and Melt with You

Well, it is 1:10 a.m. and I am unable to sleep. The anticipation is great! A big event is imminent and there is a rush and flurry of activity. Preparations are in place and people are keenly aware of their needs and living essentials. Phone calls are being made to friends, neighbors and family members ensuring that have heard the latest news. It is important that they are prepared for what lies ahead. My friends, we are talking about the snow forecast for our Maryland area. Yes, we are expected to receive up to 2 feet of snow or more in the Baltimore area through Saturday evening.


S N O W- (snō), noun

1. Particles of water vapor which when frozen in the upper air fall to earth as soft, white, crystalline flakes

It sounds heavenly, yet this water vapor which falls to the earth as soft, white flakes evoke fear, panic, and frustration for many folks. Are we really surprised by snow in the winter? It certainly is plausible for January and February. Someone taught us that snow is an anticipated part of the winter season. Yet, we seem ill prepared for the crystalline flakes when they are forecasted. We think about everything we need; the essentials. We prepare and plan. We make a mad dash to the store for milk, bread, and toilet paper. We even think about others' needs. Something is coming and we'd better move fast, with a sense of urgency. What if we are trapped in our homes for a few days? What if our plans have to change or are cancelled? What if we can't get to work? We run around like Chicken Little...the snow is falling, the snow is falling!

And, of course, there are others who eagerly await the snow. They gaze upon its beauty and consider the wonder of God's beautiful creation. Every flake quietly falls from the sky and blankets the world in pure white. All seems still, quiet and at perfect peace. For a time, there is tranquility and the only focus is upon the One who created each icy, glistening particle. The One who created the heavens and the earth. The One who beckons and calls us to slow down our pace. Peace, be still. He calls to us and says, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."  Oh gentle Savior, to look upon your face and consider the wonders you have done.

Where do you find yourself? Are in you in the "snow camp" or the "slow camp" at the moment? I have to admit I've been living out the past few days in the "snow camp" club.

In these moments of quiet, alone in my living room, I realize my desire for some slow and silent moments with God. Blanket me with your presence O God, and make me white as snow. No rush, just slow and steady moments with you, steeping in your Word.

I'd stop the world and melt with you. Let it snow and may I be blessed with no place to go but into the arms of my Savior.

~Sleep in heavenly peace~

No comments: