I Blog Because...

I am a wife, a mom, a servant, a seeker and a follower of Christ. I am blogging to chronicle my own journey with God with the hope to inspire others to deepen their relationship with Him. Perhaps my mistakes and blunders will make you chuckle. Or, maybe, my disappointments, mistakes and learnings will speak to your heart. I often write at night, so forgive the grammatical mistakes and misspellings. This is a place for me to empty my mind and thoughts, with the hope of one day blessing my 2 girls with the raw honesty about life from their mom. I invite you to journey with me and share in my joys and sorrows as I seek to know my Lord. Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."







Twitter

Followers

Friday, June 19, 2009

What an amazing retreat time today. God always shows up and reveals Himself when we seek Him. It was a beautiful afternoon at Susquehanna State Park where He once again led me beside still waters...

26 I gave an account of my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. 27 Cause me to understand the way of your precepts, that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds. 28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. 29 Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me and teach me your law. 30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.
Psalm 119:26-30

Every Season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwpdZdvCl8

Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that´s ours
And I notice You
In children´s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun & wonder
You´re summer

And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I´m braced for colder winds
I´ll offer thanks for what has been & what´s to come
You´re autumn

And everything in time & under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You´re winter

And everything that is new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it´s with You
And how You make me new
With every season´s change
And so it´ll be
As You´re re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring

No comments: